You look like a ginger, but you have brown hair. We'll call you cinnamon.

You look like a ginger, but you have brown hair. We'll call you cinnamon.
You look like a ginger, but you have brown hair. We'll call you cinnEMon.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Water is the only drink for a wise man."


-Henry David Thoreau

I need to drink more water. Plain and simple. I know I need to, I know it’s good for me. I carry around a 32 oz Nalgene around with me at all times with clean water in it. Yet, I know I am still not drinking enough. Yesterday, even though I worked out in the morning and was a sweaty beast, I still did not drink any water while at work. I did drink about 36 oz of Allegro Afternoon Lift tea, but no straight up water. After work I only drank about 16 oz of sparkling water. I used to drink about 100 oz of water a day, plus a couple cups of tea.

I am going to commit myself to drinking more. My goals are to drink 64 oz of water while at work, I work from about 7:30 to 5:30 every day, and 32 oz after work. I will also still be drinking a couple cups of tea a day, and possibly more water while working out.

I know that drinking more water makes me feel better. I know that sometimes I have been thirsty, but confused it with hunger, which led to eating more than I needed, which made me feel uncomfortably full. Hydration is important, so I am going to make sure to hop back on the healthy bandwagon and drink up.

Lately, I cannot say I am proud of my water consumption. Although, I can pride myself on the fact that I do not consume soda, diet soda, or any other unnatural beverage. Occasionally I will have a glass of beer, wine, or liquor (visit barnivore.com to see if you are drinking vegan friendly choices). Sometimes I may have fresh juice, like the other day when my friend hosted brunch in her home and used her juicer to make us apple, lemon, ginger juice. I may drink coconut water every once in awhile, and on a daily basis I do consume my beverage weakness of hot tea or coffee, sans any add ins of sweetener or milk/milk alternatives.

For the most part I agree with Henry David Thoreau, that “Water is the only drink for a wise man”, but I do think that some of my other beverage choices are acceptable as long as enough water is also consumed. Water is definitely the most wise drink choice, but a mug or tea of tea throughout the day also has its benefits. The occasional fresh juice, even if the whole fruit is more nutritional, is an enjoyable but still healthy choice. And an occasional glass of wine won’t kill me.

What are your hydration tips? How much water do you consume each day? Do you drink only water, or what are your beverage choices?

XOXO
CinnEMon 

No comments:

Post a Comment