You look like a ginger, but you have brown hair. We'll call you cinnamon.

You look like a ginger, but you have brown hair. We'll call you cinnamon.
You look like a ginger, but you have brown hair. We'll call you cinnEMon.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"It's unbelievable how good I feel"

-Tony Gonzalez


"It's unbelievable how good I feel," Gonzalez said. "Seriously, my recovery is so much better than it's ever been, and my endurance is tremendous. The best part is that during games I really don't get tired. I have more focus, too. I'm even staying awake in meetings."

With my Fantasy Football Draft looming ahead of me, and all the excitement of a new NFL season, I wanted to dedicate a blog to Tony Gonzalez. The (almost) vegan football player. He's a vegan football player, breaking records for his position as a tight end for touchdowns and career interceptions.

I have to agree with his quote above. In the past 24 days I feel more energetic, my work outs last longer and stronger, and I am able to stay more focused and alert at work. I've always known that my body does better on a plant based diet, and these past 24 days have proved that. I don't need dairy or meat for protein,  I don't need to eat cheese on my salad. I can do things and eat a vegan diet and not miss out.

If a professional football player can rock a vegan diet, why can't you? I almost feel lighter on my feet when doing cardio. I don't feel sluggish during workouts. I really feel healthier and stronger all around. I've been getting plenty of protein. Yes, I do have brown rice protein powder in my oat bran in the morning for extra protein, but yesterday, I was 20+ grams over my "recommended" amount of protein, so I didn't need that protein powder to hit that amount.

Do you know of any other vegan athletes? Have they said any comments about being a vegan athlete that you can relate to?

XOXO
CinnEMon

No comments:

Post a Comment