You look like a ginger, but you have brown hair. We'll call you cinnamon.

You look like a ginger, but you have brown hair. We'll call you cinnamon.
You look like a ginger, but you have brown hair. We'll call you cinnEMon.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mama Peas Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Mama Peas Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I made Mama Peas Chocolate Chip Banana Bread to bring in for my co-workers this morning. Everyone LOOOOVED the bread, and it disappeared faster than LuLu could sing a song about pickles.

In my attempt to Earth Balance aka Butter everyone up before our Fantasy Football Draft this week I decided to bring in some vegan baked goods. I also wanted to show my co-workers how delicious vegan baked goods can be. Win-win!!

I learned that meat eaters see/hear the word vegan and assume it tastes gross. If you wait to tell them it is vegan after they say how delicious it is they are shocked that it was vegan, and instantly impressed. I didn't tell anyone it was vegan until after they raved about how good it was. I had mentioned the other day I was going to bake some vegan banana bread, and they all said they thought it would be gross, and to make "normal" banana bread. Yet they all could not stop talking about how good it was. Point proven, vegan is delicious.

Also, one of my friends commented on a picture I put on Facebook. She said, "Yuck, that sounds gross". Yet I know she likes chocolate, and I know she likes banana bread. I talked to her about it and she said it was because it was vegan, so it must be gross. I'm going to bring her some this weekend and prove her wrong, too.

Do you have friends, family, co-workers who assume a food is gross because it is vegan? What are their reactions to trying it?

XOXO
CinnEMon

No comments:

Post a Comment